INTIMACY starts with “ME”: Learn essential foundations for intimacy within a supportive circle of peers and revitalize your relationship with yourself and others! With Claudia Nell Hawley, MA, NCC, LPCC, EFT Therapist, EMDR therapist, CSAT Candidate.
NEW GROUP FORMING
Contact Claudia for start dates and availability
90 MINUTE IN-PERSON GROUP
COST: $520 PER PERSON
Email Claudia to schedule your pre-group 15 minutes free consultation.
This is an 8-week in-person group to help you learn and practice fundamental intimacy skills needed for successful relationships. The content may be particularly helpful for women in recovery from one or more addictions, and those who grew up in an alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional families. If you have struggled with addictive relationships, porn/sexual behavior, social/sexual avoidance, and disappearing into fantasy, this program was made with you in mind.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This class was designed for adult (18 and older) women who are already participating individual therapy with a qualified provider. Since group work can cause emotions and old wounds to surface you must have a referral or affirmation from a qualified counselor.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED* IN THIS COURSE?
Over 8 weeks, we will meet, learn, support each other, and discuss and practice in a safe setting for 12 hours in the following areas below. We will also connect via a personalized, confidential app called “Slack” over the course of the class. Our hope is that you can make connections to stay in touch with after the “Bootcamp” is complete.
*Therapeutic issues that arise during group time will be referred back to your qualified counselor to assist you in addressing them. Significant facilitations outside class time and support (emails, phone calls, crisis management) are not included in this class, but brief connections to resolve any issues related to the group are included.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
WHAT IS HEALTHY INTIMACY AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
- We begin with an overview of healthy intimacy – without a vision, how will we know when we’ve achieved it?
- How to negotiate conflicts when they arise - Introducing the “Reconnection Script” and the “Polyvagal Safety Sandwich”.
- Why using tools are essential when feeling hurt, angry, and scared in conflict.
- Toxic intimacy, including avoidance, abuse, betrayal, and intimacy addictions will be defined and discussed.
INTIMACY STARTS WITH ME: EMOTIONAL SAFETY
- How to identify and name your multidimensional reality – and to practice sharing it weekly.
- How to tell if you are responding to another person or reacting – and tips to move toward responding more than reacting.
- Learn and practice skillful connections (especially helpful if your default is to avoid intimacy).
- If you feel threatened or disconnected: assertiveness scripts.
- The three levels of vulnerability, and why they are essential to understand for healthy intimacy and risk-taking.
BOUNDARIES, BOTTOM LINES, AND SHAME REDUCTION
- Identify the areas of the biggest challenge to your integrity and well-being—YOU DECIDE YOUR BEHAVIORAL BOTTOM LINES!
- Be a fair witness to others’ vulnerabilities.
- Identify your “Growth Edges” of less-than-nurturing coping behaviors.
- Create or upgrade your plan of self-nurture-in-action for daily and weekly practice and support.
- Grow your ability to give and receive LOVE.
- Gather ideas from other women about how they lovingly care for themselves—and where they struggle
VISIONS AND PURPOSE: “THE OPPOSITE OF DEATH IS DESIRE.” –TENNESSEE
- A broader definition of life meaning and “sobriety” than not doing something; we will explore life purpose and heart’s desires as a way of profoundly inspiring the hard work of healing and recovery.
MEDITATION AND ASKING FOR HELP—AND PRACTICE RECEIVING
- We will practice eight different short mindfulness/heart-full-ness meditation exercises One per week.
- Each week, members will be given the opportunity to ask for help and offer help to others.
- Practice receiving attention and healing intention from women.
- All group members who fully participate and complete the group will establish an individualized “Personal Empowerment Plan” that can serve as a statement of integrity and a roadmap for further healing and growth.
- Classes will not be recorded. To get the most out of this training, please plan to attend every week. You can still register if you need to miss a week, but if you will be missing more than one week, consider attending a future offering instead.
Are you ready? Here are the steps to get started:
- Contact Claudia at (303) 862-8736 or email Claudia for a free 30-minute consultation to inquire about upcoming groups, hear an overview, and confirm space that is available in the group.
- Make sure you can attend all the groups. Regular attendance is vital. If you know that you will miss more than one of the group dates, please contact Claudia. Although we know unexpected things can arise, missing multiple sessions can negatively impact the group experience. When you start the group, you are committing to remain in the group to create safety and maintain consistency. You will receive support and join a community of group participants for which you will provide care and support through your consistent presence. Further, your payment is required regardless of your attendance, except for emergencies. (Zoom attendance will be considered for inclement weather and other emergencies.)
- During the 30 minute consultation you will have an opportunity to discuss your goals and learn about the specific group process, rules, and expectations to ensure this group is a good fit for you right now. (If you are seeing Claudia actively for therapy and have spoken in detail about this group, you may skip the individual appointment.)
- Then, you will be emailed a link to our secure client portal where you will complete group intake paperwork and add a credit card for the Group payments. Each 90-minute weekly session costs $65. Your credit card will be charged $260 every four weeks for the following four group sessions.
- Once all this is completed, you will be sent the group welcome email and packet, and you will be added to the group Slack app. To learn more about how the Slack app works, see: https://slack.com/.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes, 18 and older.
I have more questions!
Email Questions Here