You are not alone! Sometimes we need the help and support of other people on the same life journey. We offer group counseling for couples in all seasons and stages of life. Group counseling lends support by helping you realize you are not alone. You will gain a different perspective and allow you the opportunity to receive support and share your wisdom. Meeting others who have overcome hardships can move you forward with encouragement and support. All of our groups are based on the widely researched and proven Prepare/Enrich Assessments. The process begins with each person taking the Prepare/Enrich Assessment best suited to their life stage. We have groups for:
INTIMACY & RELATIONSHIP SKILLS GROUP FOR WOMEN
INTIMACY starts with “ME”: Learn essential foundations for intimacy within a supportive circle of peers and revitalize your relationship with yourself and others! With
Claudia Nell Hawley, MA, NCC, LPCC, EFT Therapist, EMDR therapist, CSAT Candidate
INTIMACY starts with “ME”: Learn the essential foundations for intimacy within a supportive circle of women and revitalize your relationship with yourself and others!
NOW FORMING: WOMEN’S INTIMACY & Relationship SKILLS Group!
WHAT IF THERE WAS A FORMULA FOR SUCCESSFUL INTIMACY, AND YOU LEARNED IT?
GUESS WHAT? THERE IS!
12 HOURS OF INTIMACY TRAINING*, PLUS ABOUT :30 HOMEWORK PER WEEK
STARTING APRIL 26TH, 2022
TUESDAYS, FROM 6:00 - 7:30 PM
90 Minute in person group
COST: $520 PER PERSON
Email Claudia to schedule you pre-group
*If you’d like to join the next Intimacy Skills Bootcamp, please sign up for the wait list above.
This is an 8-week in person group to help you learn and practice fundamental intimacy skills needed for successful relationships. The content may be particularly helpful for women in recovery from one or more addictions, and those who grew up in alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional families. If you have struggled with addictive relationships, porn/sexual behavior, social/sexual avoidance, and disappearing into fantasy, this program was made with you in mind.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This class was designed for adult (18 and older) women who are already participating individual therapy with a qualified provider. Since group work can cause emotions and old wounds to surface you must have a referral or affirmation from a qualified counselor.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED* IN THIS COURSE?
Over 8 weeks, we will meet, learn, support each other, and discuss and practice for 12 hours in the following areas below. We will also connect via a personalized, confidential app called “Slack” over the course of the class. Our hope is that you can make connections to stay in touch with after the “Bootcamp” is complete.
Communication practice in safe setting.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT COVERED?
WHAT IS HEALTHY INTIMACY AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
· We begin with an overview of healthy intimacy – without a vision, how will we know when we’ve achieved it?
· How to negotiate conflicts when they arise - Introducing the “Reconnection Script” and the “Polyvagal Safety Sandwich”
· Why using tools are essential when feeling hurt, angry and scared in conflict
· Toxic intimacy, including avoidance, abuse, betrayal, and intimacy addictions will be defined and discussed
INTIMACY STARTS WITH ME: EMOTIONAL SAFETY
· How to identify and name your multi-dimensional reality – and to practice sharing it weekly
· How to tell if you are responding to another person or reacting – and tips to move toward responding more than reacting
· Learn and practice skillful connections (especially helpful if your default is to avoid intimacy)
· If you feel threatened or disconnected: assertiveness scripts
· The three levels of vulnerability, and why are they essential to understand for healthy intimacy and risk-taking
BOUNDARIES, BOTTOM LINES AND SHAME REDUCTION
· Identify the areas of biggest challenge to your integrity and well-being - YOU DECIDE YOUR BEHAVIORAL BOTTOM LINES!
· Be a fair witness to others’ vulnerabilities
· Identify your “Growth Edges” of less-than-nurturing coping behaviors
· Create or upgrade your plan of self-nurture-in-action for daily and weekly practice and support
Grow your ability to give and receive LOVE.
· Gather ideas from other women about how they lovingly care for themselves – and where they struggle
VISIONS AND PURPOSE: “THE OPPOSITE OF DEATH IS DESIRE.” –TENNESSEE WILLIAMS
· A broader definition of life meaning and “sobriety” than not doing something; we will explore life purpose and heart’s desires as a way of profoundly inspiring the hard work of healing and recovery
MEDITATION AND ASKING FOR HELP - AND PRACTICE RECEIVING
· We will practice eight different short mindfulness/heart-full-ness meditation exercises, one per week.
· Each week, members will be given the opportunity to ask for help, and offer help to others
· Practice receiving attention and healing intention from women
All group members who fully participate and complete the group will establish an individualized “Personal Empowerment Plan” that can serve as a statement of integrity and a roadmap for further healing and growth.
Classes will not be recorded. To get the most out of this training, please plan to attend every week. You can still register if you need to miss a week, but if you will be missing more than one week, consider attending a future offering instead.
* Therapeutic issues that arise during group time will be referred back to your qualified counselor to assist you in addressing them. Significant facilitator outside class time and support (emails, phone calls, crisis management) are not included in this class, but brief connections to resolve any issues related to group are included.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes, 18 and older.
I have more questions!